» LATEST POSTS » Lagos Hairdresser Commits Suicide Over N150K Microfinance Bank’s Loan

Lagos Hairdresser Commits Suicide Over N150K Microfinance Bank’s Loan

Join The Fun! Subscribe Now For Our Latest Videos/News


Yetunde Oladipupo, a hairdresser popularly known as Iyabo by friends and clients, has committed suicide where she lived at Onabola Street, Owotutu, in the Somolu area of Lagos State.

It was gathered that Oladipupo who hailed from Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State, had taken a loan of about N150,000 from a microfinance bank and the creditor had been pestering her to pay.

A resident, who did not want his name in print said the victim was always depressed because she had no means of repaying the debt.

According to his words: “Iyabo (Oladipupo) has four children and her husband is based in Abuja. He comes home once in a while. She was a hairdresser and had a small shop where she sold some things.

“She borrowed N150,000 from a microfinance bank. When the pressure became too much for her and she could not pay, she became desperate, drank the insecticide and died.”

Another resident said two friends had visited her a few minutes before the incident, adding that it was after the visit that she decided to take her life.

She said, “Around 7pm, two friends visited her and she saw them off. As she was returning, she went to a shop opposite her house where they sell provisions.

“After picking the insecticide, she asked the shopkeeper for a nylon wrapper, but the shopkeeper declined her request and said she should return the insecticide. She kept it somewhere around her dress and left.

“As she was ascending the stairs to the first floor where she lived, she drank the insecticide. Within seconds, she started feeling uncomfortable and called her five-year-old child to go and get help. She was rolling on the floor and groaning with pain.

“Everybody was alarmed upon seeing the empty container of the insecticide. She was taken to a private hospital on the street, but she was rejected. She was then rushed to the General Hospital, Gbagada, where about five doctors struggled to save her life. She, however, died.”

A top official of the general hospital confirmed that the victim was brought to the hospital around 7pm, adding that she died in the early hours of Saturday.

According to him: “The woman was brought to the hospital around 7pm on Friday and her people said she collected a loan which she could not repay. We don’t know the details. Doctors tried to save her life, but she could not make it.”


Get Latest Posts Alerts Via:
If You Like The Above Post, Share It With Your Friends Via: